Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M276nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Community! I've been struggling with print quality issues on my M276nw for a little while. The first page I print in a number of pages looks "ok" (not great), but the more I print, the worst it looks. a 15 pages example looks like this for the 1st page on the right, to the 15th on the left as you can see below :20200505_154056813_iOS.jpg

I've tried "cleaning" the printer (using the clean function), took the cartridges out, shaked them a bit. And also from the image above you can tell that the blue cartridge isn't doing great. The line colors are supposed to be Red, Green and Blue. Blue is, on the left of the page, not great to say the least. These are non genuine HP cartridges. I don't mind buying new HP cartridges but I'd like not to spend $200-300 if it won't fix the underlying issue. Same issue happens when printing from the printer itself (for the color test that looks like below) versus an iPhone or some other device (other than windows 10 which I usually work from) : 

20200505_155956658_iOS.jpg

You can tell the blue has an issue. I don't have other printers to test but to me all colors don't look right. The cleaning page looks like this : 

20200505_160008440_iOS.jpg

This doesn't look fine to me either. Any idea what to take a look at?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, black and magenta printout not evenly and they are not good enough but there are peoples don't care.

This 3rd party's toner isn't a good one but not all the others are bad at least that's what i think.

As to those 54.xxxx event log are all related to the cartridges too or the M276 itself  has some problems but if you can print normally without any problem then it's fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

From the first two pictures that you have a bad magenta toner cartridge needed to be replaced.

It's a so called PCR (Pre-charge roller) inside which is worn out. 

If you still have an old toner cartridge replaced left aside then you can try to change it by yourself and it's easy.

Take both left/right covers off (both with two screws on each) then you can see a thin black roller metal axis and that's it.

Replace this one with your old one (any color's will do, they are all the same) it's likely that you can save it back to live. 

Here's a video can teach you how to take it apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRWatjv3XE8&t=135s

And from the 3rd picture you have a bad cyan cartridge too.

If they are new buying toners you'd better return them back to get the replacement.

But it looks like that this 3rd party's products are not good to spend your money for.

HP Recommended

Thanks @East2100! From the picture that shows all colors (3rd picture), the fact that the black isn't exactly dark black, is this expected? It's kind of grayish, and the color isn't constant across the page, with some patterns... versus a plain identical color across the board (true for all colors on this sheet). I clearly won't buy cartridges from the same reseller... 🙂 will likely get HPs.

I'm also getting an event log in the web ui that shows this : 

om2010_0-1588704377411.png

These "color plane registration sensor error, density errors, etc., are they all related to the cartridges too?

HP Recommended

Yes, black and magenta printout not evenly and they are not good enough but there are peoples don't care.

This 3rd party's toner isn't a good one but not all the others are bad at least that's what i think.

As to those 54.xxxx event log are all related to the cartridges too or the M276 itself  has some problems but if you can print normally without any problem then it's fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.