Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Just in case anyone is keeping score, the last call from the "escalated" tech resulted in:

-Still unable to scan from the HP OJ.

-all TWAIN drivers were killed in my system. I had to reinstall the drivers on my Neat Desk in order to still have a working scanner.

-The HP OJ that used to be able to print but not scan can not do either one now.

I replied to the private message that was sent to me, but that's been silent as well.

At least the printer LOOKS impressive in my den. Fits in with the other Halloween decorations.

-t

HP Recommended

So it has been a week. On my own I've managed to fix my Neat scanner (which took a lot of software uninstall and reinstall) and I can print to the printer again.

But scanning... no dice. When I click on HP Scan nothing happens. Not even an error message.

Still waiting for HP to resolve. Or at least troubleshoot.

HP Recommended

So my last post generated a call. The results of that call was for support to uninstall every imaging device I have (webcam, Neat scanner) and reinstall the HP printer drivers.

Still, no scanning. When you run the Hp Scan app, nothing happens. When you run Windows Fax and Scan, no scanners are found.

The only answer they have is to re-image the computer. Yes, wipe the hard drive and reinstall windows.

Funny thing is, once I install my Neat scanner, I can scan with it in Windows just fine. Clearly this is an HP driver issue.

Given the choice between reimaging my PC and going with a competitor's product that works, the choice is easy.

I've been set up for a call back from a Case Manager. I'm assuming they will be able to tell me how I can return this paperweight for a refund. I also want to know if HP will refund the extended warranty I purchased for the product from Sam's Club.

HP Recommended

Today I received my final answer. I must wipe my hard drive and reinstall Windows from scratch, according to the case manager whom I just got off the phone with.

Never mind that other products scan fine in Windows. HP expects me to wipe out everything and start over.

Warranty only covers hardware. Not the useless drivers that HP writes. So I can't even get my money back for this garbage.

No HP. You do not support your products. you do not create products that work. You do not help your customers.

I want my money back. And I will get it... even if I have to have the credit card go after you for it. And I will never, EVER endorse or recommend your products again. in fact, It's now my mission to make sure no one I care about ever buys one of your products.

Solution: don't buy HP.

HP Recommended

My  HP Officejet Pro 8620 Cannot Scan does scan but very poorly, yet it prints and copies perfectly. I just replaced this unit because I had the same problem with the one I had (same model). 

I am scanning from a Mac Book Pro. 

How do I fix this problem?

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I know this is an older thread, but I had to tackle this exact problem with a client today and was determined to get scanning to work without resorting to the draconian solution of reinstalling Windows (really, HP?).

So, we weren't able to FIX the issue, but we were able to create a WORK AROUND which works pretty well as long as you're OK scanning from the scanner itself (not the HP software).

The work-around that got her going was to setup scanning to a network share from the printer to her computer. It required creating a network shared folder on her PC and then setting that up on the printer using the available wizard, but it works! She can now scan from her printer directly to a folder on her PC over the network.

I don't know if anyone will need this info, so I'm keeping the post short, but if anyone needs a little more help, feel free to reach out.

Cheers,

Jason

HP Recommended

I hope that the "repair" persists, but I must warn you that these scan issues can be intermittent.

I have to run the Print and Scan Doctor (P&SDr) every couple weeks when the printer again loses connection with my PC.

Like others report here, same symptoms... printing is fine, but scanning craps out. 

The P&SDr always gives me the same message... that there is a driver problem (as someone else has reported here).

I follow the instructions... unplug the printer, plug it back in, restart the computer, rerun the P&SDr.... which stops again with a message that there is a driver error.

But... lo and behold... now the scan function works.  For another couple weeks.

In the meantime I get intermiitent messages popping up on my laptop telling me that the scan connection has been lost. 

I have replaced the printer, under warranty (about the only thing of value that I have receieved by talking to tech support in India was the suggestion that I buy the extended support warranty... and HP has lost money on that deal).

I have replaced my wifi router.

Still, the problems persist.

I have never had a problem like this with any other printer.

Conclusion... this is a junk product that HP cannot adequately support.

Disappointing.

HP Recommended

Hi Jason,

I am having this issue with the 8720 I just purchased. I can print fine, but will not allow me to scan, it says the HP8720 is not found.

Fibber Fibber.

What's that fancy tool?

🙂

HP Recommended

Hi @Erika_Santa1,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to scan from your HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer to your computer.

This issue could occur if the full feature software is not installed or the firewall may be blocking on the network.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the links below depending on the operating system installed on the computer:

1. Network Scanner Connection Error (Windows)

2. Network Scanner Connection Error (Mac)

Also, let us know the operating system installed on the computer from the links below: 

1. Click Here If Windows Operating System is installed

2. Click Here If Mac Operating System is installed

Also, let us know how the printer is connected to the computer(USB or Network).

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I can issue a Print command to my HP 2680 and it will print just fine from my Windows 10 and Mac. However, my printer will not scan to either computer. The printer screen says that it cannot connect to either computer. Any ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.