Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJetP1102w
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know what the maximum life expectancy of a LaserJet P1102w is?  I have one in service that has been experiencing occaisional feed issues, even with cleaning (though the rubber pickup roller still feels OK to me).  The printer has been in service for about 2-1/2 years, and has printed a total of 103,500 pages according to the configuration page (this printer is used to print checks on specialized paper).  Those numbers are above the monthly recommended print volume, but below the monthly duty cycle specified on the HP website.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @mbraycit,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! Smiley Happy Good day!  And how are you? Smiley Happy I see that you require information about the printer's life expectancy. I will be delighted to assist t you here. Smiley Happy

Stupendous effort on diagnosing the issue correctly. Splendid analysis visiting HP support page before posting.Smiley Happy It is always a privilege to work with customers that have superlative technical skills. Smiley Happy Kudos to you for that. We at HP  greatly value your relationship with us and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

There is no specific answer here in this regard and it depends on the usage of a LaserJet printer and also electronics could always be vulnerable to failures. But normally the support options or service options  for a printer would be for normally 2 or 3 years with extended warranty and it becomes obsolete after that.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you .Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.  Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

Happy holidays to you and your family:)  Take care. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @mbraycit,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! Smiley Happy Good day!  And how are you? Smiley Happy I see that you require information about the printer's life expectancy. I will be delighted to assist t you here. Smiley Happy

Stupendous effort on diagnosing the issue correctly. Splendid analysis visiting HP support page before posting.Smiley Happy It is always a privilege to work with customers that have superlative technical skills. Smiley Happy Kudos to you for that. We at HP  greatly value your relationship with us and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

There is no specific answer here in this regard and it depends on the usage of a LaserJet printer and also electronics could always be vulnerable to failures. But normally the support options or service options  for a printer would be for normally 2 or 3 years with extended warranty and it becomes obsolete after that.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you .Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.  Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

Happy holidays to you and your family:)  Take care. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @mbraycit,

I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. It has been an absolute privilege to have shared this platform wit you. You've been simply great to work with. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up"button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help

Please take care of yourself, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.