Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet P1109w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a LaserJet P1109w with a firmware date code of 20150114.  The model number on the back of the printer is CE662A.  I got the latest firmware version dated 20180302 and attempted to update the firmware on this model,  After a couple of seconds, the utility came back with a message that the firmware failed to update and to power cycle the printer and try again.  I did this a couple more times but got the same result.  I know from working with P1102w printers that its model 657A will not update the firmware, but model 658A will.  Am I having the same issue with the P1109w model CE662A, or is there another issue I'm having?

Thanks,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks to those who replied with suggestions.  I managed to get the firmware updated via a USB cable.  I had tried with wireless but no luck.  I was successful updating firmware on a P1102w via wireless, so I figured I would have the same success updating the P1109w via wireless, no no luck.

Thanks again,

David

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @dperry3325

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the firmware update. 

Let's try these steps to reset the printer - 

1) Take out the cartridges. 
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall. 
3) Wait for 30 seconds.  
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector. 
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

Download and install the firmware from here.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks to those who replied with suggestions.  I managed to get the firmware updated via a USB cable.  I had tried with wireless but no luck.  I was successful updating firmware on a P1102w via wireless, so I figured I would have the same success updating the P1109w via wireless, no no luck.

Thanks again,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.