Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet 100 175nw
iOS

My laserjet 175nw has suddenly stopped working from my iPad. It says connecting to printer but the printer is dead.....sometimes it’ll say printing document but nothing happens. In settings (iPad) it says no internet connection beside the printer in the WIFI section.....I’ve done the turn on/turn off on the router and nothing nada.....please help! 

I can print from my computer with no problem ........

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@ACM12, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Update iOS to the most recent version.

1. From your mobile device, touch the Settings app, and then touch General.

2. Touch Software Update.

Your device automatically searches for the latest iOS update.

3. If an update is available, touch Download and Install, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.

NOTE:

For more information about iOS updates, go to Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (in English).

If no update is available, continue to the next step.

After the software update is complete, try to print. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Update the printer firmware

HP regularly releases new printer firmware versions with product enhancements or issue fixes. Depending on your printer, apps on the printer control panel might also receive updates. Update firmware and apps on a regular basis to make sure you are getting the most out of your printer. Refer to this link for help.

If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the HP Smart App and then try printing.

Refer to this document HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS) for help.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay, I ended up deinstalling it all as the computer and printer finally gave up the ghost and  just wouldn’t work , after reinstalling the driver/software from the HP site, the computer will now print BUT my iPad is giving the ‘no AirPrint Pronters found’....my iOS software is totally up to date and I’ve been looking on the internet but up to now nothing. When I go into settings \ WIFI and touch the name of my printer it says no internet connection. The blue WIFI button on my printer is still flashing too. Obviously my iPad and printer need  be on the same WIFI but for the life of me I don’t know how to remedy this.....if you could give me further (simple.....printers for Dummies!) instructions I’d be most grateful. Your instructions for reinstalling the printer software etc were great and I wouldn’t have managed the process without them.

kindest regards 

HP Recommended

Can I just add that I’ve refreshed the WiFi and I’ve turned off the router/modem etc , just not to waste your time. 

HP Recommended

@ACM12

Appreciate your efforts 🙂

Refer to this document HP Printers - Printing with Apple AirPrint (iOS) to learn how to print from the iOS device.

To resolve the 'No AirPrint Printers Found' error follow the troubleshooting steps from this document HP Printers - A 'No AirPrint Printers Found' Message Displays (iOS).

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Back again, I tried changing the printer IP manually to the same as the WIFI in settings on iPad and it worked once, I printed something but   it wouldn’t stay even though I saved it.  It’s now gone back to no printers found and the IP has gone back to the original with th last  letters being 103..... this is sooooo frustrating. 

HP Recommended

@ACM12

Let us restore network defaults and try to reconfigure the printer on the wireless network. Here is how you do it:

1. On the control panel press the Setup button.
  2. Use the arrow buttons to select Network Setup and then press the OK button
  3. Use the arrow buttons to select Restore Defaults and then press OK button.

Restart the printer and process to connect the printer to the network. Here is how you do it:

1. Locate the WPS button on your router, but do not press it yet.

If your router does not support WPS, skip to the next step to connect the printer with the HP Smart app.

2. Turn on the printer. If the printer is in sleep mode, press the Cancel button on the control panel.

3. On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button  for at least 3 seconds or until the wireless light starts to flash.

4. On the router, press and hold the WPS button for 3 to 5 seconds or until it shows that the WPS connection process has started.

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

Now, restart the iPad and then try printing.

Hope this helps!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Didn't work, the blue light is still flashing  , no AirPrint printer found.  . The WIFI IP (IPAD) isn’t the same as the HP WIFI (ipad), I’ve tried  manually putting in the WIFI IP into the HP IP but that doesn’t work either. The smart app won’t let me add the printer  as new or previous  because it’s not on the same WiFi.............I’m totally fed up as you can imagine, I've never had any trouble with my printer and suddenly this for no apparent reason at all.

i did the WPS button was etc and nothing, I actually did this yesterday following the same instructions I found on the web and nope, nothing.  What else can I do? 

C9D1043B-F3B6-418A-8B5A-C12E6E94C8C7.jpeg

HP Recommended

@ACM12

I see that you are using the Wireless Direct option to print.

Refer to this document HP Printers - Printing with Wi-Fi Direct for help.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There is no word ‘Direct’ in the name only ‘HP-Print-08-laserjet  100’.....i printed out a network summary and there is no password, at least I can’t see one and even if I had I wouldn’t be able to put it in because when I go to settings and WiFi it doesn’t ask for a password when I touch the name of the printer.  If you wish I can send you a copy of the network summary and perhaps you can help from there. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.