Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP laserjet 200 color MFP M276nw

Hi I have this HP laserjet 200 color MFP M276nw with color misalignment,

I have genuine cartridges installed

I have followed the print quality troubleshooting steps indicating to do a color calibration.

I have done the color calibration 10 times and still my issue has not been resolved.

I also removed the power and waited 30 seconds to restart it and try printing again.

Still my issue has not been resolved.

Can any expert support me to resolve my issue?

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@Josh_bd1994

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting print quality issues. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Did you check the toner for any damages?

Meanwhile, follow the below steps:

Perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector and printer.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Print a cleaning page

1. From the Home screen, touch the Setup  button.

2. Touch the Service menu.

3. Touch the Cleaning Page button.

4. Load plain letter or A4 paper when you are prompted.

5. Touch the OK button to begin the cleaning process.

The product prints the first side and then prompts you to remove the page from the output bin and reload it in Tray 1, keeping the same orientation. Wait until the process is complete. Discard the page that prints.

Inspect the toner cartridge for damage

1. Remove the toner cartridge from the product, and verify that the sealing tape has been removed.

2. Check the memory chip for damage.

3. Examine the surface of the imaging drum on the bottom of the toner cartridge.

CAUTION:

Do not touch the roller (imaging drum) on the bottom of the cartridge. Fingerprints on the imaging drum can cause print-quality problems.

4. If you see any scratches, fingerprints, or other damage on the imaging drum, replace the toner cartridge.

5. If the imaging drum does not appear to be damaged, rock the toner cartridge gently several times and reinstall it. Print a few pages to see if the problem has resolved.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- https://support.hp.com/emea_middle_east-en/product/hp-laserjet-pro-200-color-mfp-m276/5097648/model/...

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good day @sandytechy20

Firstly I'd like to thank you for replying on this forum for support,

I have performed all the steps you have recommended me to do.

None has resolved my issue.

I also have tested the priner with other cartridges, but still my problem persists.

This means that the issue is not caused by the cartridges.

Also, the printer runs the latest fw version: "20180205"

Please check the printout example attachedPrint examplePrint example

The Misalignment only occurs on color printouts

HP Recommended

@Josh_bd1994

It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service (Like a Genie without magic powers) 😉 

I reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and it looks like we'll need to use the factory reset of the printer as the last resort, check this:

I'm sending out a Private message with the information you need to get this sorted,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it 

(The reason we are utilizing the private message now, is because the instructions are critical).

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good day @Riddle_Dicipher

Thank you for providing me of support.

I have sent you a reply on the late message you sent me

HP Recommended

Would it be possible to get advice on fixing this too. I have tried all the things listed above with no luck

HP Recommended

Please, I am having the exact same issue with ( HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M281fdn ), how do I resolve this also. I tried all the recommended steps. How do I go about the factory reset process? Thanks in anticipation

HP Recommended

@KLEMZO

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Do the copies come out fine?

Also, try the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/ie-en/product/hp-color-laserjet-pro-m280-m281-multifunction-printer-series/14...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.