Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I loved my printer, and it was working perfectly until a couple of weeks ago. Now, it gets to "initializing" on the touch screen when turned on, and won't complete the process. I can't print.

I have already looked into several software solutions that did not help.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any suggestions? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

I finally located the SN, and since my product is still in warranty, I called tech support. We did a lot of troubleshooting with no success.

They are going to send a replacement.

Thanks again for working with me.

Lost in Houston

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi LostinHouston,

I understand that the print will not pass the initialization stage. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue. I suggest you try Resetting the Printer. Could you please tell me what operating system you are running on your computer please.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Advance 23 - thanks for throwing me a life line.

I use Windows 7.

How do I reset the printer? I clicked on the blue link in your post, but it didn't open a page - it took me to a dead end.

HP Recommended

Hi LostinHouston,

Sorry about the link. Here is the full link it should work.

LINK:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03177455

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I did reset as instruced at the link. It did not fix anything.

The machine turns on, sounds like the print head moves back and forth, a bar at the bottom of the touch screen starts to fill from left to right (like software is loading or something). It gets about 1/3 of the way across the screen then it stops, and two icons start to flash at the upper right of the screen, a green circle and an orange triange with an exclamation point in the middle ofit.  The touch screen says initializing, and stays there until I turn it off.

Another fix that was tried was to open the toner drawer, and take all the toner cartridges out, then put them all back in. that didn't work either.

What now?

It should be in warranty; I bought it in August this year. 

Thanks for working with me.

Lost in Houston

@Advance23 wrote:

Hi LostinHouston,

Sorry about the link. Here is the full link it should work.

LINK:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03177455

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

HP Recommended

Hi LostinHoust

I understand the printer keeps intializing.

Since the power reset didn't resolve the issue I will send you a private message with some information to take a look at.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

I finally located the SN, and since my product is still in warranty, I called tech support. We did a lot of troubleshooting with no success.

They are going to send a replacement.

Thanks again for working with me.

Lost in Houston

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with my printer.  I agree, I loved it until it started this too.  The link isn't working, thoughts?

HP Recommended

hp pro 200 MFP M276DN STUCK AT INITIALIZING STAGE

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue.  The printer worked fine and now it doesn't at all.  PLEASE HELP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.