Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 9050 Printer series

I have a HPLJ 9050 that is creasing the print jobs. I have repalced the Fuser, the Regisration assembley, the PIU, and the Paper Guide Assembly, and the transfer roller assembly. With no different reasult. the printer dosen't jam at all. when the crease happens, and it only creases about 10 or so job's then strightens itself out. then it goes back to doing it again. i will post a photo of what it's doing if that helps. 20171206_150531.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I would be inclined to look at the pick roller from the input tray, perhaps worn or hardened. Does this happen regardless of the paper source?. The reason that the problem goes away might be that heat generated by printing a number of pages makes these rollers a bit more "grippy!"

Do you experience the same problem if you use the manual feed tray?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I would be inclined to look at the pick roller from the input tray, perhaps worn or hardened. Does this happen regardless of the paper source?. The reason that the problem goes away might be that heat generated by printing a number of pages makes these rollers a bit more "grippy!"

Do you experience the same problem if you use the manual feed tray?

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I have replaced the input unit not to long ago. I have not tried a test form the Manual feed tray. I will try that next. another direction I was looking into was the right door. maybe the white spring loaded rollers; that pushes against the input rollers maybe bad as well.

HP Recommended
In regards to the test from tray 1 MP tray. I still have a crease. I have replaced the registration assembly as well again but still have a crease.
HP Recommended

Does the printer have a rear door to exit just after the fuser? Not likely, but I would try it. If OK, then the exit rollers may be the culprit. I had a similar experience with a LJ4 several years ago where the exit assembly was the culprit.

The sheet is apparently developing a wow that is crushed somewhere in the path.

Try popping the printer lid just after it disappears into the printer. Remove the toner cartridge and remove the page and see if it is creased. I don't know if there is a way to intercept the paper just before the fuser.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.