Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laser Jet 1102w
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I recently purchased a new MacBook and am trying to activate the wireless printing feature of my existing printer but am stuck.  I can successfully print when using a USB connection but want to leverage the wireless printing feature.

I have followed the steps ouitlined here (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02847467) to setup the printer.  

I am following the "Connect the printer to a wireless setup using a USB connection" and am fine up until Item 4 in Step 3, "click  HTMLConfig."   When I do that, the window closes and returns me to the previous screen (the Utility tab).   It does not bring me to the next screen.   I am stuck.  Any suggestions?   Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BostonChris

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the printer isn't working as it should,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you attempt to update/upgrade the firmware of your printer?

If you haven't, here's what you need to know:

This printer has a network connectivity fix firmware update, once installed the issue should be resolved:

Click here to find and install the update using your printer model name.

Keep me posted for further assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@BostonChris

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the printer isn't working as it should,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you attempt to update/upgrade the firmware of your printer?

If you haven't, here's what you need to know:

This printer has a network connectivity fix firmware update, once installed the issue should be resolved:

Click here to find and install the update using your printer model name.

Keep me posted for further assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks!   That did the trick!   I followed the instructions in the link above and was then able to successfully follow the Wirless Printer Setup instructions I mentioned above.   Thanks!! 

HP Recommended

@BostonChris

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards identifying and leading you towards the solution for this concern.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know that you accept my suggestions,

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi! I'm using an ancient MacBook. I ran into the exact same problem down to the smallest detail.  Except updating the firmware didn't fix my problem. Still closes the window every time I click HTML Config.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.