Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Important Microsoft update continues to fail even following re install

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi MikeH11,

If you have a Microsoft update which is failing to install you will need to contact Microsoft support. If you are having an issue with the printer please provide additional details.

1. Problem Description
2. Printer Model
3. Operating System (including service pack revision)
4. Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless?
5. Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Want-Good-Answers-Ask-Good-Questions/m-p/2094

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi MikeH11,

If you have a Microsoft update which is failing to install you will need to contact Microsoft support. If you are having an issue with the printer please provide additional details.

1. Problem Description
2. Printer Model
3. Operating System (including service pack revision)
4. Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless?
5. Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Want-Good-Answers-Ask-Good-Questions/m-p/2094

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. It is a microsoft update so I will chase MS

MikeH11

HP Recommended

Hi MikeH11,

Thank you for the update. If you have any issues with the printer we are always here to assist you.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I contacted Microsoft regarding this problem.  Spent over an hour on the phone and in chat mode, where MS took control of my computer.  They failed to solve the problem.  They told me I  have to have the disc which was used to load Windows 8 on my computer, which I don't have since my computer came with Windows 8 already loaded on it, in order for them to fix the problem.  Called HP since they laded Windows on my computer.  Can't get disc from them.  I'm stuck.

HP Recommended

I am experiencing the exact same problem. Surely there must be some fix besides needing an original disc?  How does this qualify as a SOLVED issue?

HP Recommended

I found a solution that worked for me so I thought I would share it.  Open up your Control Panel and select Device Manager.  Double click on Printers and if you see any Unknown Devices in this list. If you find any, uninstall them and the the failed updates should stop (at least this worked for me).

HP Recommended

I have been having this problem for some time now. I have tried a lot of things on my own , but to no avail. I just ungraded to Windows 10 hoping that it might correct the problem, but nooo. Anyone with any idea on what to do ?  When ever i do my updates i keep getting this message:  Hewlett-Packard  - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Fax - HP Photosmart 7520 series - Error 0x800f0

Printer: HP Photosmart 7520

Used: wierless

HP Recommended
Wanted to thank you, worked for me as well! This has been driving me insane...
HP Recommended

This worked for me, too!!! Thank you so much! Will share on Microsoft community forum, because it seems to be a very common issue. Can't believe such a simple fix was so hard to come by. Thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.