Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet M452dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a couple of new HP Color LaserJet M452dw and I'm trying to disable the power saving setting.  The device has been upgraded to the latest firmware but the only options I see is to delay power save for 2, 4 or 8 hours.  It would be nice to have a never option (which I need).  Am I missing something or do these printers don't have this option?

Thanks!

-E

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Based on your question I fired up on of my demo 402 units with the current firmware and you are correct, it appears that 8 hours is the cut off. I have forwarded your question to my engineering contacts at HP and will post back once I hear from them with clarification if "shutdown" means pressing the power button is the only way to get the unit back up again.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sleep Mode cannot be disabled, the printer will enter into sleep mode after the required amount of time, any usage such as printing should wake up the printer automatically via either a USB or a network connection.

Do you see any other behavior? If so be sure to clarify which task is being used and what exact behavior occurs

Auto Power Off will completely shut down the printer, by default it will automatically disabled if connected to a network connection, a USB connection should power on the printer automatically.

Hope that may help,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Do you know if pinging the device will reset the sleep timer on the printer?  I'm wondering if I can custom create something to keep it alive. 

HP Recommended

I'm not sure, will test it tomorrow and let you know.

What is the exact problem? are you able to print while the printer in Sleep Mode or do you see any other behavior?

Or may you try to achieve any other option while the printer sleeps?

HP Recommended

Having the device go to sleep is not acceptable in our environment.  It's just our preference.   Thanks!

HP Recommended

I afraid sleep mode cannot be disabled for the printer, also with any testing pinging the device will not wake up the device.

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.