Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Office Jet 4652
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I can't get my Office Jet 4652 to print on legal size paper.  I tried to feed from the top but it won't feed and it won't print with the paper tray open.  Thank you.

cj-120

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ cj-120

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP OfficeJet 4652 All-in-One Printer. I read that the printer does not print on legal size paper using the paper tray and the document feeder. 

I did some research and found that legal size paper is supported by the printer (using the paper tray and the document feeder).

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Is the printer able to make a copy on a legal size paper?
  • Does the printer feed other paper sizes properly?

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Before printing, please select the correct paper type and paper size from the printer settings of the application you're trying to print from.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the issue persists then I suggest to perform the following steps from this HP article:

• Step 2: Make sure the carriage can move freely.
  • Step 3: Use automated tools to clean page smears.
  • Step 4: Manually clean the paper feed rollers.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response I have not been able to copy or  print on legal paper because I can't figure out how to load it the paper.  I cannot find a video on You tube.    I do not recommend this model, a printer should be easy to use or come with a book.  The brief menu is not helpful and I'm frustrated that I can't print.  Thanks for listenting.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have this printer as well. To print or copy using legal sized paper, you load the main tray as normal and close it, but do not close the flap. Keep it open so the legal paper will peep out. When prompted by the printer,  "Did you load tray letter size?" select 'no', then change paper size to legal and every print/copy henceforth will be on legal sized paper. To revert to letter size you would do the same thing.

I hope that this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.