Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet m402dn

The paper detection sensor lever on our Laserjet m402dn is broken. We have ordered the replacement part HP p/n: RM2-5375-000CN but here is our problem we are not sure  how to install the sensor without breaking something. How do  you replace the paper detection sensor lever on Laserjet M402dn? Thanks for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello,

The part is recommended to be installed by a HP certified technician only since it involves removal of quite a few parts. Else it could lead to new issues during repair.

I would suggest to log in a ticket with HP

I am an HP Employee

I hope this information helps.
Good Luck!
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution
HP Recommended

Hi TSPhillips,

Thank you for choosing HP
I am an HP Employee

The part - Paper detection sensor Lever is not a customer replaceable part
It can be replaced only by an authorized trained and Certified Engineer from HP
I would strongly recommend you to contact HP customer care to get a case logged
and get help for onsite visit and part replacement done.
If the products warranty is expired. i would recommend you to take the printer to a nearby HP authorized service center along with the part and get it replaced by paying the service charges only.

Hope the above suggestion helps your need

I am an HP Employee.
Above is only my personal opinion. Hope it helps.
Please click 'Kudos' if you think this help. Click 'Accept Solution' if this solve your concern.
Thanks & Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.