Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Hp 2035

I have a Laserjet p2035 that has functioned perfectly for some time now.  Suddenly and without warning it now is in a continues loop of the startup process.  All the lights function as if the printer had just been turned on, the motor runs as if the unit had just been turned on it goes through the start up process. Then never reaching the ready status starts the process all over again.  Unfortunately this is not a problem covered in the manual so I have no reference for trouble shooting. None of the buttons on the panel function in this state and the printer will not print.  If the print cartridge is removed the cycling will stop and the toner missing light illuminates but that is as far as I can take this.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

I have replaced formator board and cold reset.

pickup roller doesn’t turn and I have taped the solenoid though it was not sticking.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Did you installed maybe a new toner cartridge recently? Replace the toner cartridge with the one from working P2035 you are 100% sure that it's working.

Some new original HP toner is past had problems working in P2035 but they worked fine in P2055 maybe you have one of those toner cartridges.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.