Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laser Jet Pro MFP M125nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

The printer doesnt come out of the initilization loop after startup and the error + green lights keep blinking.

I tried:

- unpluging it with the socket in the wall

- hard reseting 

- removing the cartridge , unplugging it and plugging it back in

Please can you send me the solution on what to do.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@blaki83

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M125nw is on the Initialization loop and error with a green blinking light,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you upgrade the firmware of the printer?

Have you installed the latest printer drivers?

While you respond to that, here're a few things you can do:

Step 1: Unplug network cable, printer USB cable, power cable and wait for 30 seconds.

Step 2: Plug back power cable.

Step 3: Power on the printer and hit Copy And X (Cancel button above copy button) until it says permanent storage initialize.

Considering you've mentioned that you have done the above, I recommend you ensure it was done exactly as mentioned here & then try the below steps:

Step 3: Power on the printer and hit Right Arrow And X (Cancel button above copy button) until it says permanent storage initialize.

Step 4: Download the latest firmware and apply it ( Use USB Cable, DO NOT TRY IT OVER NETWORK TO UPDATE FIRMWARE)

Step 5: If your Router does not support ipv6 : disable ipv6 in your printer (This works in my case.)

Click here to find the firmware & latest drivers (if need be).

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher

Tried everything you mentioned but I cannot install the latest firmware.

The installation cannot proceed due to an error on the printer, which is blinking.

I turned off IPv6 , but still there is an Initialization loop, 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.