Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

The IP address and gateway cannot be the same.

use the ipconfg /all from the command prompt in windows, or look at the gateway address on your other printers

in windows 10, right click the windows icon on your toolbar and select "run" then type CMD

when the command prompt opens type

ipconfig /all

look at the IP address and gateway address of your computer and match your network settings on the 4250 to more closely reflect those. your jet direct card may be reserving some of the old network settings from when it was used previously

rare to see 192.0.0.XXX- your computer probably has an IP more like 192.168.0.XXX and a gateway for 192.168.0.1

so your printer would need to match that- it's IP would be just like your computer IP except the last 3 digits would be 192 and the gateway would be the same as your computer

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.