Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet M608

We are attempting to setup our HP LaserJet M608 for IPP printing from the Oracle Cloud.  We have purchased an SSL cert for the printer, installed it, the intermediate and root certs.  IPP printing is working from any Windows server or client to that printer.  But when we attempt to print from the Oracle Cloud its throwing an error stating it can't find the cert path.  We have engaged Oracle support and they say the issue is that when the SSL handshake is done, the printer only presents the identity cert for the printer, not the whole SSL chain.  Is there any setting(s) I need to change to make this happen?  Anyone else ran into an issue like this?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Not sure if this is relevant but on the certificates page on the EWS there are check boxes for allow this cert to be used for email and for network identification.  That may need to be check for the cert you are looking to use. If not, I suggest you contact technical support as this may require assistance from Level 2 or higher support.

Phone Assist Worldwide | HP® Official Site

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Yes, we have already made sure the identity certificate is being used for network identity.  We have contacted support but haven't heard anything in the last week.

HP Recommended

I have requested an escalation on your behalf. One of the moderators will reach out to you to get details like your case number so that they can move things along.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Ok.  Here is the case info;

HP Case [personal info removed]

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I received an email regarding the case on 6/16 that directed me to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/printing/error-occurs-when-adding-ipp-p... as a way to help.  As I explained in the initial case submission and again in reply to the email, we don't have an issue when attempting to add or print to the ipp printer from a Windows server or client.  The issue is with trying to print from the Oracle Cloud due to the printer not presenting the entire SSL cert chain.  I have not received any more emails or calls.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.