Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Enterprise M608dn

I have acquired 8 pieces of the HP LaserJet Enterprise M608dn in December 2018 for a new project. By February 18th, 3 of the printers 4.1inches display screens has gone off. As at July, an extra 3 has gone off making it a total of six of the printers screen been off.

This is supposed to be an Enterprise printer and robust but the display screens going off has rather left a bad taste in my mouth concerning the quality of this particular printer.

I have tried all manner of solutions which has not work. unfortunately the suppler is not been able to help since HP warranty is said to have expired in April 2019.

I will very much welcome any tip or advice that can help solve this problem.

If the worse is to change the display screen, i will be glad if anyone can help with leads on where i can get an affordable replacement to purchase for the laserjet enterprise M608DN printer.

Interestingly, in my quest to find solution, i came across 9 different printers that has the same display problem like mine.

Your expert suggestions and views are very urgently welcome and needed here.

Wilson 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is odd, as we have sold hundreds of these printers with no failures at all. I am going to assume that these were purchased used and that there is no warranty remaining on them. As these machines are not that old it is unlikely that there is a giant pool of used parts kicking around. I would try Ebay, once you have confirmed that the control panel is the faulty component. If the printers still print then it is likely that the panel itself is bad. If the printers do not print then the formatter is likely the culprit.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It is odd, as we have sold hundreds of these printers with no failures at all. I am going to assume that these were purchased used and that there is no warranty remaining on them. As these machines are not that old it is unlikely that there is a giant pool of used parts kicking around. I would try Ebay, once you have confirmed that the control panel is the faulty component. If the printers still print then it is likely that the panel itself is bad. If the printers do not print then the formatter is likely the culprit.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I was under the believe that i was buying brand new printers. they looked new with all the seals and everything, and in a branded HP box, Brown box.

i suspected the particular once i acquired are factory reconditioned hence the 3 months warranty

given by the manufacturer which in this case expired in April 2019.

The printers work even though the display screen is off and blank.

I will see how best i can get the screen replaced.

Thanks for been of help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.