12-12-2019 12:49 AM
I am using LaserJet 1020 and I am getting the error message printer in error state every time. I tried restarting printer spooler services, re-installed driver and re-started the printer several times. I use Win 10 OS and I tried all possible online solutions but didn't find the fix. While re-installing the driver, I found that installation hangs on the connection screen and so I had to cancel it and try again. It will always be successful in subsequent trails. This repeats every time I try to re-install the driver. The printer works fine for a while after re-installation (say 10-20prints) and again the error message "printer in error state" pops-up.
Please help me on how to fix this problem! Thanks in advance
12-14-2019 02:06 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Follow the Steps below to resolve scanning problems using the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer.
- If your printer is not listed, turn it on and click Retry.
- If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in the tool.
- Click Fix Scanning.
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee