Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
A8P79A

This unit is getting Scanner Error 16, but that error is not listed in the User Guide or the Service Manual. Does anyone have an idea what component might be the culprit?

TIA

Kepps

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I replaced the ADF Assembly to fix the problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Scanner Error 16 usually points to the scanner not being able to find it's home location.  It can also occur when the flat flexible cable to the scanner becomes loose.  You can try to power cycling the unit; however, most likely the unit will need to be serviced.

Though I work for HP, My posts express MY opinion, and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

I replaced the ADF Assembly to fix the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.