Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet P3015
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

The long strange trip for the LaserJet P3015 continues.

After replacing the fuser, transfer roller, and swapping between two cartridges, it still ghost prints along the left side. Below is a quarter page that I scanned and Photoshoped so you can see the problems more clearly. The test page contains stepped, solid rectangles.

From top-left to bottom, the dark broken bands (BROKEN) appear before the test rectangle, then  the test rectangle, next  a clean spot, then more dark broken bands (BROKEN) until a more solid ghost rectangle (SOLID) appears, followed by a clear area. Then the pattern repeats. Two vertical stripes appear throughout.  The distance from the top of the first test rectangle to the SOLID ghost is 76mm. The manual claims that this distance points to the fuser being a problem -- but that was changed.

AfterFuserAndTransferRollerReplaced_photoshop enhanced quarter page.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Having a hard time following your example. The best thing to do first is a half test. Put a sheet of paper on the manual tray and open the paper cassette tray. From the information menu print a config page and when the back edge of the paper enters the printer, quickly open the toner door to stop the printng. Now remove the toner cartridge and look at the image below. If the defect is present the issue is the toner cartridge, high voltage ps or transfer roller. If the defect is not present the issue is the fuser.

HP Recommended

I've done those half-sheet tests many times. When I pull the sheet out  the toner jumps around and it is hard to tell. But I was real careful this time  and compared the half-sheet to the config page printed normaly. It looks like there is no ghosting. So that would point to the fuser. But the fuser is new -- replaced when the problem began.

HP sent me a phone # to call. But when I call it the voice just says to enter the extention. I have no idea what extention to enter. It doesn't even say HP when you call. 

HP Recommended

First off for the half test you only look at the image and do not pull it out. You should be able to see if the defect is present before you remove the sheet. If you replaced the fuser suggest you run a menu map from the information menu and see if there is a setting for fuser mode. It is usually under the print quality menu and allows to you adjust the fuser temp to a higher level which helps binding the toner to the paper.

HP Recommended

I've tried the higher1 and higher2 fuser modes. Also played with the toner darkness. Also the other modes PRORES FASTRES 600.... (not the exact names).

Oddly, all these things seem to work at first and then it gets bad again. 

I'm waiting for HP to send me the right info for contacting them. I can't find any phone # on the toner box. It all started with the new toner and I suspect it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.