Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have an old but until now reliable hp laserjet 1015. Now the top triangle light is flashing and the printer won't work. The cartridge should be still full. I've tried turning on and off, pressing the two buttons but nothing changes. Can it be fixed?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Several things causing that error. When attention light ( top triangle) is flashing that means that the printer needs user intervention. Possible cause of that is: paper jam, toner issue, cover opened.

When the printer is turned ON if you hear printer turning motors that it's not cover open when the cover is opened there is no printer ( motor) motion. 

When the printer is turned ON if you hear printer turning longer period that is probably printer trying to eject paper thinking to be a paper jam.

When the printer is turned ON and attention light blinks after a shorter period that is the missing or not detected toner.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.