Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet P1102
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

my problem: I use a Laserjet P1102 (without WLAN) at a fritz!Box as a network-printer. The fritz!box is as a repeater in mesh.

I was able to install the driver vom HP-Homepage while the printer was directly connected to the PC (by USB).

When I try to install as network-printer, there are several problems:

- für managing the printer, there is a warning - securityproblem an I have to reinstall the driver everytime - without sucess

- when I print, the printer prints many copies and can be stopped  very bad

- I can´t open the printer-setup

At another computer is no Problem at all.

Sorry for my english. If you are able to answer in german - I´m happy. But I´m also thankfull for an answer in english.

Thanks

Bernd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Download and run the latest drivers below. as the installation launches close any shown dialog:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL32431/bi-80329-12/hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-...

The driver extracts to C:\LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution and can be used by clicking Have Disk and browsing to this path.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP can support a USB printer connection to a computer only, not to any print server (USB port of a router)

A such require setting changes within your router configuration, and for my experience, most print servers supports PCL printers only, not host-based printers such as the LaserJet P1102 printer.

When configuring a Printer through a print server, you should likely setup the printer manually using the router’s IP, the HP Setup will not detect a printer connected to a print server.

I suggest contacting Fritz!box support to check above requirements and guidance.

HP Recommended

Thanks,

the problem is: the printer worked in the same configuration (Fritz!box-USB) with my former computer. Now I changed the PC and tried to install the driver to the new PC (both Win10) - and the problems started.

The next problem: there is no driver für P1102 in Windows Update, to check another driver than from HP-Homepage.

Another Laptop is also able to print via Network.

Is there an simple driver available only to start printings? Which one?

Sorry, it´s not easy to find driver and support for the P1102

Tanks for your support.

Bernd

HP Recommended

Download and run the latest drivers below. as the installation launches close any shown dialog:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL32431/bi-80329-12/hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-...

The driver extracts to C:\LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution and can be used by clicking Have Disk and browsing to this path.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thanks Shlomi,

you helped me to solve the problem.

I´m asking myself, why the driver, you linked for me, is working. The driver from the HP-Homepage not.

Ok, now is the problem solved. I store the driver and be able to re-install it if neccesary.

Thanks a lot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.