Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet P1102w
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Good morning,

I'm using the P1102w via WI-Fi since some months.

I discover it very efficient from Windows.

BUT It's incredible slow by other OS.

And I'm using 99% MAC OSX (El capitan).

Maybe because there is no a specific driver for MAC? Only Win OS has a specific driver/program that works great

With my MAC OSX (No specific HP diver for MAC OSX on the HP website, instruction to use the MAC drivers) when I send a print spool to the P1102w, it can take 5/10/30 minutes to print few (4) pages.

Even from the printing between the 1st and the second page, it can take minutes!!!

I've tried different files format and size.

But even with small file (less then 1 Mb) it's the same result.

From Andoid OS it's the same effect. You send the print job, and you have to wait and hope that it will work.

HOPE, because many times the printing job is not going to be finish correctly.

BUT the same file from Windows (from a slower PC, my MAC notebook has better hardware and performance) has no printing issue and it is send to the printer in few seconds.

Thanks for any suggestion to make the printing from MAC & Android faster (at least to an accetable speed, because more then 10 min for a small printing job is not acceptable).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Good Morning @Ric_,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that the printer is taking a long time to print from the Mac and Android, but the Windows computer prints correctly. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

I have provided some steps to try:

Repair the Disk Permissions on the Mac:
Close all applications.
On the Apple menu bar, click Go, click Applications and then click Utilities.
Double-click Disk Utility.
Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left.
Click Verify and then Repair Disk Permissions.

Restart the computer.

Reset the Printing System:

Note: This will remove all printers in the print and Fax/Scan, any printer removed can be re-added later by clicking the plus (+) symbol.

Click the Apple icon and then click System Preferences.
Click Printers & Scanners.
Right-click (or Ctrl +click) in the left white side panel, then click Reset printing system.
Click OK to confirm the reset.
Type the correct Name and Password.
Click OK to reset the printing system.
Then click the + sign to add the driver, highlight the printer. (you might have to click the drop down to select the printer's name) Then click on the Add button.

If you are still having issues,  then add the printer through the IP Protocol.
After clicking the + button, select the IP icon across the top, type in the printer's IP address, select jet direct below and then Apply.

You can click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up" for my efforts. Please let me know how this goes. Have a great day!
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Good Morning @Ric_,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that the printer is taking a long time to print from the Mac and Android, but the Windows computer prints correctly. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

I have provided some steps to try:

Repair the Disk Permissions on the Mac:
Close all applications.
On the Apple menu bar, click Go, click Applications and then click Utilities.
Double-click Disk Utility.
Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left.
Click Verify and then Repair Disk Permissions.

Restart the computer.

Reset the Printing System:

Note: This will remove all printers in the print and Fax/Scan, any printer removed can be re-added later by clicking the plus (+) symbol.

Click the Apple icon and then click System Preferences.
Click Printers & Scanners.
Right-click (or Ctrl +click) in the left white side panel, then click Reset printing system.
Click OK to confirm the reset.
Type the correct Name and Password.
Click OK to reset the printing system.
Then click the + sign to add the driver, highlight the printer. (you might have to click the drop down to select the printer's name) Then click on the Add button.

If you are still having issues,  then add the printer through the IP Protocol.
After clicking the + button, select the IP icon across the top, type in the printer's IP address, select jet direct below and then Apply.

You can click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up" for my efforts. Please let me know how this goes. Have a great day!
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help.

It works. It's faster...

I've an other question:

How to manage from Mac the print in the 2 sides.

I know I've to manually move the paper (as in Windows), but in the Mac Printer spooler, after having done the first side, there is a message that advise to move the papers and then press the "GO" button.

But on the printer there are only 3 buttons: Power / Wifi / Cancel.

Noone is working in order to restart the print for the second side.

In the Mac Spooler there are no other useful commands (Pause but useles).

Thanks

Riccardo

HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know that helped @Ric_.

Since there are no full software drivers available for El Capitan, the two-sided feature won't fully work. You can manually open and close the lid on the printer which will work as a resume button. I know that isn't the answer you wanted to hear but without the full software this feature isn't available.

Here is a document for this issue: The Manual Duplexing Only Prints on One Side.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

Pitty that the continue button is missing, at least with a long pression of one of the 3 buttons.

Also when the paper is over, if you send the print from MAC, it is impossible to continue the printing.

Good to know about the lid. I'll try...

Riccardo

HP Recommended

Thanks Gemini,

the lid works to continue the printing job 🙂

NOW let's go to the other OS:

ANDROID

I've many devices (Phone & Tablet with Android OS Version 4.4 and 5.1).

I've installed the "HP printer service plugin" from the google store in all of them.

It works, but again to print 1 page it can take 4/5 minutes.

How to improve this?

Thanks

Riccardo

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.