Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro 451
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

20# and 24# paper keeps jamming as it comes out of the paper tray and/or bypass. It starts into the rollers, then it stops and the paper buckles. Card stock will feed through, but 20# and 24# will not.  I tried cleaning the rollers with distilled water, but it did not help. I have tried regular all-purpose  paper, as well as laser paper. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If normal weight papers are buckling then likely something is causing a restriction in the feed path that heavier stocks can push past. Dirty or worn rollers will most often result in a no-feed issue not a crumpled paper issue. You need to check the entire paper path closely, with a jam in the printer, looks closely at the area where the top of the page is stopping. In some cases it is easier to remove the toners and the paper tray and turn the printer on one side so you can see the bottom more clearly. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the prompt reply. I will give your suggestion a try and let you know if it works. 

HP Recommended

Repairatrooper:  No luck.  We did as you suggested ... removed toners and turned printer on its side with paper jam in place.  The sheet seemed to start into the rollers and then stopped.  We removed it and could see a slight crimp visible about 1/2" from  the leading edge of the paper. We could not find anything caught anywhere in the paper path.  Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Sounds like it's a Sticky Solenoids problem.

When printing the pick-up roller should make one turn then stops but it turns and turns when Sticky Solenoids happens the paper buckles.

http://westhillprinters.blogspot.com/2011/12/sticky-solenoids.html

Not an easy place to get  to it. What i'm always doing is to stand on M451's back.

THe right most side of the pick-up roller there's a black plastic cover, use a knife hotted with fire then cut a square hole almost like the thumb's size or 2cm by 3cm.

Then you can see the Solenoid seats in there, insert a V-shape paper into the L-shape metal to avoid the stick problem happened then all's done.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.