Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M176n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

My printer was working perfectly fine for years until 2-3 months ago when lines started to appear on the left of the printed pages. The problem seems to occur in all the colours. The cartridges aren't low and I've tried the cleaning mode already. Exams are coming and I desperately need my printer back for my notes. Please send help. Many Thanks!  

Scan.jpg

scan1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

you might want to try taking a look at the imaging drum(s) and also the transfer belt.  Either or could develope that defect.  the transfer belt is not easily replaced in this unit.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

you might want to try taking a look at the imaging drum(s) and also the transfer belt.  Either or could develope that defect.  the transfer belt is not easily replaced in this unit.  

HP Recommended

Wow thanks a lot!

The imaging drum is fine but I found a loosened plastic bit on the transfer belt which caused the problem.

Problem solved now!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.