Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
After some tinkering around, I got my wifi capabilities back on my printer. When I uninstalled the printer driver/ software, then reinstalled it kept adking me for a password. After resetting the password is there a "default" password I should be using??
HP Recommended

Hello!

I have a HP Officejet Pro 276 dw which I am not enable to connect to my Router which it has been connected to before. I thought a factory reset would help, but the option was locked on the screen. I do not remember the login password either. Is there a way to physically reset the printer to open the factory reset and reset the password to nothing or something else default which I do not know either?

Regards

Terje Henriksen

Hesseng

Norway

HP Recommended

I purchased a used unit five months ago and setup everything althougnh I need to make some changes and it's asking for my password which I do not remember setting up a password.

Can you please message me the proceedure for resetting passwords or resetting to factory default.

Thank you

HP Recommended

On my MFP M276nw need to reset

HP Recommended

Hi Marcelus

I have this problem also with a HP Z2100 (revision c) that I want to re-set back to defaults but have lost track of the password. You indicate there is a special way of re-setting and I would appreciate if you could mail me the instructions. I have already accesed the service area and re-set to factory defaults but it did not clear all back to inital condition?

Mark

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I just purchased a business and got an ho LaserJet pro mfp with it and no one knows the password how do you reset it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.