Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laser Jet Pro m12W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Laser Jet Pro m12w that will not connect to the wireless network.  I had to reset the printer to factory by holding down the cancel and wireless buttons.  That appeared to be successful until I noticed that it has disabled the 802.11b/g/n wireless status:  diabled.  

Please help me re-enable the wireless.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Koop89,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP LaserJet Pro M12w wherein it does not connect to the wireless network.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

I suggest that you restore the printer to its factory defaults and then set up the printer on the wireless network.

Steps to Restore the Printer To Factory-Set Defaults:

i. Press and hold the Cancel button until the Ready light begins blinking.

ii. Release the Cancel button.

Note: Restoring the factory-set defaults returns all of the product and network settings to the factory defaults. It
will not reset the page count, tray size, or language. It deletes any pages that are stored in the memory.

Now I suggest that you follow the steps in the link set up the unit on the Wi-Fi network: Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.