Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Could anyone please tell me the maximum card thickness that the M252dw laser printer will handle?

I'm afraid I cannot find any mention of card thickness in the manual or on here for that printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

I would like to jump in with a suggestion 🙂

The M252dw input tray capacity for the cards is up to 175 g/m2 and can hold up to 50 cards in the tray. Check the fig below for other details:

I hope that answers your concern adequately. If so, that’s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @JBR99,

Thanks for the post. 

I see you are looking to the know the card thickness supported by your printer. I will glad to help. 

Request you to refer to the specifications of the printer available at our online store. 

The Supported media weight is

14 to 43 lb (Uncoated/Matte, recommended), up to 47 lb Postcards, 53 lb HP Matte; 16 to 43 lb (Coated/Glossy, recommended), up to 47 lb Postcards, 59 lb HP Glossy

For other specifications, please click here

For the manual of your printer click here

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  

I'm afraid that here in the UK we measure paper and card thickness in gsm (grams per square metre) and I am unable to convert your measurements in pounds into our units.

I did look through the printer manual and cannot find any thickness measurement or weight for card.

Thanks anyway.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I would like to jump in with a suggestion 🙂

The M252dw input tray capacity for the cards is up to 175 g/m2 and can hold up to 50 cards in the tray. Check the fig below for other details:

I hope that answers your concern adequately. If so, that’s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Many thanks for that, Dvortex.  So up to 175g/sqm.

Apologies for not finding that for myself, but I swear that I couldn't see it on the manual or online manual.

Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.