Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M254NW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new M254NW printer that is doing a rather long warm up everytime a job is sent to the printer. Also, right after each individual page eventually comes out, the printer stops to perform a clean function.

The printer is literally only two weeks old, so there's no way it should be any of the feed rollers and the toner is brand new as well. I've updated the firmware to the latest version and the problem still persists. 

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi LukeTheTechGuy,

I will take a stab.  Usually the cleaning cycle is triggered by the media size setting in the tray not matching the media size called for by the driver.  The printer then thinks that it might have put toner outside the media area on internal rollers and cleans everything.  Please check in the printing app that you have chosen some actual media size like letter versus ANY size and then make sure that in the printer you have selected the tray and set the attributes of the tray to the same size and the media type you have put in.  The engine should then print at speed. 

Dovid

I am an HP Employee
I work in Laser Jet Printing ((;-)>
The opinions expressed here are my own and not those of HP. Kudos are always appreciated if I have helped you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.