Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I installed the HP solution but it failed.  Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

What exactly failed? Any error message or something? 

You need to give me something to work with in order to help you and I need more details! Windows / Mac? Did it complain about your Mac version? If so, did you follow my FTP firmware downgrade instructions? Where did you get stuck?

HP Recommended

how do I load the new firmware if the screen on the printer is stuck on the ERROR: Supply Memory Error screen?

Thanks,

George F

HP Recommended

Hi Jaybok

Thanks for posting this info. I am having the same problems: Supply Memory Error on my M277DW. I have successfuly used toner from Toner Giant before, but the Cyan toner that I just put in is creating the above message.

I tried following your instructions but when I right click on HP Firmware Update, I don't see "show package contents".

Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Thank you very much!! problem solved!!!

HP Recommended

I just got this error for the first time today after installing a new after market cartridge. The message is on the new yellow cartridge only. The other three cartridges are also after market cartridges.

I downloaded and installed the firmware update as suggested at the top of this thread. It did not fix the problem. 

I watched the update being installed and saw that it was reprogramming the printer as I assume it was meant to do, but when it was finished the printer initialized and then went right back to the "supply memory error."

I am on a pc using windows 8.1. I need to have my printer back working. I am NOT a techie, so any fix needs to be simple.

PLEASE HELP!!!

HP Recommended
I had the same problem, I made the firmware upgrade using windows 7 pro. When the upgrade finished, the printer rebooted and the memory error disappeared. Although this is network printer, the PC I used for the firmware upgrade is connected to the printer though USB.
HP Recommended

I'm sorry Vangelis68, but I don't understand your message. I'm not a tech savvy, so I don't know what to do.

HP Recommended

I have backed up to firmware suggested in this thread.  I have verified it on the printer settings page.  I have used QR code to verifiy that the toner I'm using is Genuine HP, but I still get the Supply Memory Error.  Any other suggestions? 

HP Recommended

Hi

None of these downloads are working for me.  I am still receiving the Supply Memory Error when trying to install non-HP ink cartridges in an M277DW printer.  

I have a MacBook Pro.  I reinstalled all of the HP software and tried these updates but still nothing.

Would appreciate any help!

Thanks

Jenny

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.