Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M477fdn

I got a new client who has that printer, I am filling up for the network admin who left. To regain controll of the printer I need to reset the admin password. Or factory reset it without accessing to the printer menu as I dont have access. 

Thanks in advance!!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

CAUTION: The following will clear ALL SETTINGS: Power off the device, hold the right lower quadarant of the control panel (the display part not the edge) and then power on while continuing to hold. Hold until screen reads "permanent storage init" and then release and wait for it to come to ready. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help!!!

But

I have tried several times. Perhaps for this model is different?

The one I have is:

Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M477fdn

I tried tge very edge, the bottom right square inch, a little of the right edge, etc... still nothing....

Any otger hint? For the proccess....

HP Recommended

Repairatrooper_0-1621647213775.png

You may need to hold for up to 2 minutes.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

My display looks different thant thatone, but I will try anyways.

Below is how my display looks like

Screenshot_20210522-074351_WhatsAppBusiness.jpg

 regards!!

HP Recommended

Repairatrooper_0-1621696029295.png

You need to hold this area then power on and keep holding.  If that does not work you may have an issue with your control panel.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.