Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello All

I am having an issue with the new version of FutureSmart 4.9.0.2. The system the printer is connected to will not let me see the printers page also since I downloaded the upgrade I am getting 49.38.07 errors. The firmware it had was FutureSmart 3.8 version 2308209_00582. I would like to go back to this but I dot have a way to get it. I was wondering can I copy it from a another M806 and install it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Not easily is the answer. When you installed the new FS4 firmware did you format the hard-disk in the printer before applying or did you just perform an in place upgrade? HP engineering has told me that it is best when you are making the switch from FS3 to FS4 it is best to format the drive. 

If you want to go back to FS3 you should be able to download the current FS3 3.9.5 from support.hp.com. I would still recommend at this point you format the drive before doing a downgrade.

If you absolutely want the older firmware, shoot me a PM and I probably can provide a copy of the older firmware for you.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Not easily is the answer. When you installed the new FS4 firmware did you format the hard-disk in the printer before applying or did you just perform an in place upgrade? HP engineering has told me that it is best when you are making the switch from FS3 to FS4 it is best to format the drive. 

If you want to go back to FS3 you should be able to download the current FS3 3.9.5 from support.hp.com. I would still recommend at this point you format the drive before doing a downgrade.

If you absolutely want the older firmware, shoot me a PM and I probably can provide a copy of the older firmware for you.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I have formatted the hard disc. For some reason with the FS4 the machine that the printer is hooked up to doesn't let me get into the printer. I found out it has to do with the machine's controller software. 

I have loaded the FS3.9.5 and so far no issues.

Thanks much for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.