Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

M806dn vs M806x+

Laserjet M806
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Our sales force sold a customer 2 M806DNs, and the customer had a need for a 3rd unit later. The 3rd unit needed the paper deck option, so it looks like the vendor shipped us the 806x+.   The customer requires the encrypted HDD feature on their devices.  Is there and optional kit and firmware we can purchase to add the encrypted HDD to the 806DNs?  Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
3,803 3,788 394 810
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

M806dn vs M806x+

Hp does not list that as an accessory, however, I would pull the formatter and if there is a physical connection for a SATA drive it would likely work fine. You would need to source either a Seagate or Toshiba SED drive to get encryption. You can install any SATA drive to get job storage space without the encryption. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

M806dn vs M806x+

Thanks!  I did finally find the very small footnote stating that feature wasn't available for the base DN model. Probably going to be a firmware conflict somewhere as well. The customer has to see on the config page that the drive is encrypted. Guess sales will be ordering a couple of replacement units.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation