Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet 1515n
Microsoft Windows Vista

When I try to access the menus they all come up as 'menu access is disabled'. I understand that there is a cold reset procedure?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @Jimbo25 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! I’d like to be of your assistance!

Going through your post, I see that the LaserJet printer menu is disabled. Did you try to perform a hard reset? If not, check the steps below:

• Remove the cartridges from the printer.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

If the issue persists, please perform a complete reset of the printer. I am sending you a private message with the steps. Please check the mailbox icon at the top right corner of your screen to access your inbox.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @Jimbo25 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! I’d like to be of your assistance!

Going through your post, I see that the LaserJet printer menu is disabled. Did you try to perform a hard reset? If not, check the steps below:

• Remove the cartridges from the printer.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

If the issue persists, please perform a complete reset of the printer. I am sending you a private message with the steps. Please check the mailbox icon at the top right corner of your screen to access your inbox.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

@Dvortex   Thank you for this solution -- it worked fine and the 1515n gives amazing quality output, so it now  joins my other vintage HP printers (A3 Deskjet 1220c and Mono Laserjet 1320n), all salvaged from local office discards and still working well.

I am very impressed with the friendly helpful tone of this forum.

Jim

HP Recommended

Hello, @Jimbo25

Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you have a wonderful day and even better tomorrow 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.