Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have a macbook pro that I wirelessly print through wifi to HP Laserjet Pro m281cdw. Macbook and printer are located within 2ft of wifi router. I will have several print jobs in the queue, but in the middle of printing the queue, the printer will disconnect from the printer. Our HP laptop does the same thing when trying to print sometimes. My macbook does not do this when on wifi network at work. What can I do to fix this problem? I work in real estate, and are constantly printing documents and having to reboot the printer to keep it printing. It is rare that i make it through a set of 6-8 documents without having to reboot the printer at least once.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@cmovre

A warm welcome to HP Support Community!

Do you have any antivirus software installed on your Mac?

What's the make and model of your WiFi router?

Could you perform a ping test using the Mac Network Utility and let me know the results. Use the printer IP address to perform a ping test, the printer IP can be located by touching the wireless or network icon on the printer display.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Results of ping test:  

10 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 70.0% packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 42.259/702.425/1035.382/466.814 ms

HP Recommended

belkin wifi router, Mac OS 10.14.6

ping results 10 pings no responses

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.