10-25-2016 11:32 AM
I cannot print multiple copies of a single page document without the printer / driver deciding it will print each copy either side of the page. If I ask for 8 copies, I get 4 pages with the same document either side. This happens on all of our PCs but not our Macs. I am running the latest driver, I've also tried a generic HP universal printer driver to no avail.
Can anyone help?
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-26-2016 06:09 AM
Symptoms suggest a driver fault - perhaps it does not set the 'plex' requirement for simplex print jobs, nor set the processing boundary for multiple copies?
If we 'captured' (via 'print to file') a sample print job, then analysed the resultant .prn file, we could confirm (or not) this diagnosis, although it would then merely confirm (or not) a driver fault.
You may (not sure) be able to circumvent the problem by changing the default duplex mode on the printer (assuming that it is currently set to 'On').
I don't have access to a M476DW device, but it is probably similar to LaserJet 400 Pro M475dn:
10-26-2016 07:31 AM
10-26-2016 09:00 AM - edited 10-26-2016 09:01 AM
>> ... I will try this but doesn't look like it a workable solution as this is beyond the remit of our users ...
You'd only need to change this setting once (per printer).
As far as I'm aware, the problem:
- Only affects simplex print jobs, (some of) which do not include the appropriate 'set simplex' instruction - in which case the duplex = Off setting on the printer should come into effect.
- Will almost certainly not affect duplex jobs, because these jobs do include the appropriate 'set duplex' instruction - in which case this will over-ride the printer default of duplex = Off.
11-04-2019 05:51 AM
Hi. I have the same issue. In my case the printer is wired straight into a laptop (USB) and is shared with one other user, so how do I access the Web page setup as it won't have an ip address?
In Devices & Printers, the settings for the printer in both preferences and properties says NO to duplex and 'Print Both Sides' is not ticked.
11-04-2019 09:28 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!