02-05-2020 09:11 PM
My HP color laserjet Pro MFP M277dw Printer Touch Screen does not respond to touch when printing manually
02-08-2020 12:13 PM
@JHK191 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that the touch screen is not working for HP Color Printer MFP MP277dw.
Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.
And here's the step by step guide for you listed below to reset the printer:
1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
5. Wait at least 60 seconds.
6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on. The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
9. Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
02-13-2020 01:21 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, but it did not work. The problem was that when prompted to insert paper in the manual feed tray and press OK, there was still no printing. I could cancel the request from the touch screen, but could not get it to accept that I had placed the paper as requested. It turns out that if I simply place the paper in the manual feed tray before requesting the print, things were fine. Evidently it is a software compatibility issue. Someday it may get cleared up or never. At least I can print without having to communicate through the touch screen. Your suggestion was appreciated!