Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
MFP M277c6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a new Laserjet MFP M277c6 and I accidentally selected french on the screen on the printer. Its so small and never asked me to confirm. I need it to be english and I have no idea how to do that. I saw a post saying press the lower left hand corner of the screen on other models when you power up to reset the printer but that does not work on this printer.

HELP! How do I change the language or reset the printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @nollert

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @nollert

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to change the language on the printer.

I’d love to help!

I am sending you a private message with instructions. Please perform the steps to reset the printer.

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I ended up using google translate to figure out what was being displayed on my printr screen in french. I was able to navigate to settings and there you are allowed to change the language in settings without having to reset the entire printer. Thanks for your advice.

I had seen several articles to press on the lower left hand corner of the screen when you power up. I see you suggested to press the lower right hand corner of the screen. The lower left never worked and I found a solution before trying to do the lower right.

HP Recommended

Hi @nollert

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.