Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet 100 color MFP M175nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The support section doesn't have a driver for my printer. I searched for  LaserJet 100 color MFP M175nw but it comes up with  LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175nw my printer isn't a Pro model. I even tried the Pro driver but it prints garbage. There is no printer other than  LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175nw listed on the support page. Even going through Windows there isn't any driver that works. Has this printer been wiped from existence?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @dghughes – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! I’d like to help!

I see that you are facing issues while printing with your LaserJet printer. To the best of my knowledge, the LaserJet M175 series is a “Pro” model printer “HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175nw”.

You mentioned that while printing with the “pro” drivers, it is printing garbage. Could be an issue with the drivers installed. Hence, let’s try the steps below to reinstall the printer:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer, if present.
  • Go to Control Panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control Panel – Devices and Printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now, click http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL38952/kj-95222-3/CLJ_MFP_M175_N_sw_win_full_solution-acf... to download and install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
  • Restart the printer and check.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @dghughes – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! I’d like to help!

I see that you are facing issues while printing with your LaserJet printer. To the best of my knowledge, the LaserJet M175 series is a “Pro” model printer “HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175nw”.

You mentioned that while printing with the “pro” drivers, it is printing garbage. Could be an issue with the drivers installed. Hence, let’s try the steps below to reinstall the printer:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer, if present.
  • Go to Control Panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control Panel – Devices and Printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now, click http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL38952/kj-95222-3/CLJ_MFP_M175_N_sw_win_full_solution-acf... to download and install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
  • Restart the printer and check.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

I found and tried an HP universal driver (I believe it is called) and I am able to print but I can't scan anything. 

I should also note the MFP is connected via a network cable not USB.

Would the method you mentioned be better than the universal driver? I'd like to get the scanner feature back.  I'm willing to try but at the moment I need to print some things for tomorrow I can't take the chance of the printer not working, I will try the method mentioned tomorrow.

-David

HP Recommended

Yes, the solution worked I can sucessfully print from the printer and I can also scan, I didn't test the wifi function but the printer appears to be working normally nothing weird using CLJ_MFP_M175_N_sw_win_full_solution-acf.

Although I would urge HP to update its search feature to point to this software as the top search result when searching for a driver for an HP 'Laserjet 100 color MFP M175W'.  Currently the Pro model appears in the search results as the only option and the software suggested isn't compatible with the non-Pro 'Laserjet 100 color MFP M175W'.

Even the Universal driver doesn't work completely on a 'Laserjet 100 color MFP M175W' it will print but not scan.

Thanks for the assistance Dvortex.

-David H

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.