Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 1018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought an Asus Chromebook C523NA-DH02 and I have been trying everything I can think of to get my printer to print and no luck, I have done everything suggested when the printer doesn't work, I have an HP LaserJet 1018.  The printer is up to date, I registered the printer to Google Cloud printer, but, for some reason, the status says the printer is offline.  I am trying to find out if this printer is not compatible with this Chromebook. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, I have been trying to figure this out for almost 3 days. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@LustyLadyBug23

Welcome to the HP Community

Let's try adding the printer to the Chromebook.

Step 1: Add the printer to the Chromebook

Connect the printer to your Chromebook with a wireless or USB cable connection to complete the setup. No drivers or apps are required to set up your printer.

1. Update the Chromebook to the most current version of Chrome OS.

2. Make sure the printer is turned on, ink cartridges are installed, and plain paper is loaded in the main tray.

3. Connect the printer USB cable to the Chromebook, or for wireless printing, place the printer close to the Chromebook and within range of the Wi-Fi router, and then do the following to connect the printer to the local Wi-Fi network.

• Printers with a touchscreen control panel: On the printer, select the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu, select Wireless Setup Wizard, and then follow the instructions to connect the printer to your network.

NOTE: 

If you need your network name (SSID) and password, go to Finding Your Wireless Password.

• Printers without a touchscreen control panel: Press and hold the Wireless  button for five seconds. For Tango printers, press and hold the Wireless button and the Power button on the rear of the printer for five seconds. Within two minutes, press and hold the WPS button (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) on the router until the connection process begins. The Wireless light or blue bar on the printer stops flashing when the connection completes.

4. On the Chromebook, click the clock in the bottom right corner, and then click the Settings icon .

5. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Advanced.

6. Scroll to the Printing section, click Printers, and then click Add Printer.

• If your printer displays, click it, and then click Add.

• If your printer does not display, click Add Manually, and then follow the instructions to add the printer. Go to Chromebook Help - Set up your printer (in English) for more information.

Add a printer in Chrome OS

Step 2: Print from the Chromebook

Print photos, documents, webpages, and emails through the Chrome browser and supported apps.

1. Open the item you want to print.

2. Click the Chrome browser settings icon , and then select Print.

Print menu in Chrome settings

3. Next to Destination, click Change, and then select your printer.

Select the printer as a print destination

4. Change any print settings, and then click Print.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.