Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LASERJET M1212NF MFP

printed pages are coming out crooked, copied pages are coming out crooked, and it appears the paper does about a 1mm lateral shuffle back and forth when feeding. I beleive it is likely a hardware issue, but i wouldn't be upset if you told me that software is still a possibility. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Possible that the paper guides are out of place or broken so they do not maintain proper alignment of paper. Or you could have something in the feed path that is impeding the proper flow of paper. If you can physically see the paper moving then it is a hardware issue not software.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Possible that the paper guides are out of place or broken so they do not maintain proper alignment of paper. Or you could have something in the feed path that is impeding the proper flow of paper. If you can physically see the paper moving then it is a hardware issue not software.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

@ABlindCripple wrote:

printed pages are coming out crooked, copied pages are coming out crooked, and it appears the paper does about a 1mm lateral shuffle back and forth when feeding. I beleive it is likely a hardware issue, but i wouldn't be upset if you told me that software is still a possibility. 

It could also be a problem with the feed rollers.  If one of the rollers is dirty/oily, it could cause the paper to skew as it is pulled into the machine.  The rollers can be wiped with clean, lint-free cloth soaked in rubbing alcohol.

It's also possible that the cut paper edges are catching on each other.  Take out your stack of paper, and "fan" the edges like you might a new book.  This will separate the sheets of paper, allowing them to slide freely over each other.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.