Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP1320

HP1320 Printer has jammed. No sign of paper when opening front/rear apertures and removing cartridge. Where has it gone to and how can it be removed?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Enrico42

Welcome to HP support community.

Follow the steps mentioned in this page no.108 to clear jams in the printer:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have removed the cartridge and can now see the paper showing through the rollers at the bottom of the metal plate shown "shaded" at p112/9. The paper does not protrude so I am unable to free it unless there is another way to release it. any ideas? Thanks for your  help.

HP Recommended

@Enrico42

Please try these steps - HP LaserJet Paper Jams

Let me know how that goes.

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Pull out the paper tray where the tale of the paper may be there pull it out backward.

HP Recommended

Thanks, but as I mentioned in my earlier post, although paper is visible trapped under the bar which sits below the cartridge , it does not protrude at any point so there is no tail for me to pull 

HP Recommended

Inside the printer, under the toner cartridge, there is that metal plate that sits just past the white registration rollers. There is a small plastic arm on the right side you should be able to pull up to lift that plate up so you can reach that paper. Also, typically your paper should not have fully entered the printer from the paper cassette tray. You should be able to pull out the paper cassette tray all the way and look under the printer where the paper goes in and get to the paper to carefully pull it backwards out of the printer.

HP Recommended

Thanks ALS-77. Although it has not solved the problem , your reply enables me to better describe it. On the other side of the white rollers from the " lift up" plate, is another plate, nearer to me,  with an upturned lip on the front edge. I can see the stuck paper through a slot in the middle of this plate . I can't tell which direction the paper was travelling when it became stuck,  but it is visible just short of the white rollers. There is not enough paper projecting on which to gain any purchase to pull on it. I have removed the paper input tray but there is no sign of it from this location  

HP Recommended

Try this, remove all cables from the back of the printer, remove the paper cassette tray, place printer onto it's back and look into where the paper goes to see if you can see it in there enough to grab and pull it out.

If not, you can take out the 4 screws (2 on each end) of that plate (take a few pictures of the plate and both ends in case you need to reference it) and you can lift up that plate enough to get to the paper hopefully.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Thanks again,

Normally this would be beyond my level of technical competence but as I am isolated at home for the foreseeable future , I have nothing to lose. The worst that can happen is that I will have to replace a printer that has served me well for many years and owes me nothing. Here goes! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.