Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Officejet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer series

Hi Guys.

OK first of all i'm not entirely sure i'm in the right forum i have an Officejet but i couldnt find a catagory for HP officejet if i'm not in the correct forum could someone please point me in the right direction thank you.

Also i cant change operating system from unknown OS so i'll post here i'm using Mac OS-X Mojave.

I am getting Paperjam error messaages even when there is no paper in the printer & i have followed all the support recomendations cleaning the rollers ETC i have also used an airline to gently blow it through just in case it shifted any dust on the sensor.

This did clear the paperjam until i printed a report which printed the first page fine but then gave the paperjam error again so back to square one.

Any ideas or suggestions which anyone has come across that could resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Screenshot 2019-01-11 at 14.28.54.png

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@KennyLen

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

It's a pleasure assisting you in finding answers to your technical queries.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Where do you see the error message? ( printer or computer)

Is the copy working fine?

How is the printer connected? (Wireless or USB)

Meantime, update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

Restart the printer and the MAC

Keep me posted, how it goes!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi Raj.

Thank you very much for coming back to me.

I am seeing error messages on both the computer & the printer itself its also giving the same paper jam message on my wifes works  PC which is windows 10.

I have also checked & i am on the latest firmware for the printer & i am also on OS-X Mojave with Auto updates switched on so its always up to date.

As for copying the all in one wont let me do anything if i press ok on the paper jam error message on the printer screen you can hear the rollers go for about 20 seconds then goes straight back to paper jam message it also does this if i restart the printer too.

Its looking like i will have to find a service centre.

HP Recommended

@KennyLen

I suggest you do a Hard Reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.

(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Then click on this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-5740-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6617253/document/... and follow the troubleshooting steps

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi Raj.

Thank you again but i have done all that a few times now & i have also followed the troubleshooting steps cleaning rollers ETC.

HP Recommended

@KennyLen

Appreciate all your time and efforts.

Is the printer working fine?

Keep me posted.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi Raj.

Sorry no still have the same issue im afraid

HP Recommended

@KennyLen

This could be a hardware issue with the printer.

I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for one on one interaction. 

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest

Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect

Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.