1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Paper Jam insidw printer

HP Color Laser M452nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Paper Jam inside printer, not vsiable from opening back to pull out...now what?

2 REPLIES 2
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
186 184 10 39
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Paper Jam insidw printer

Hi AAARJ,

I hope that you found the solution by now, but there are no replys to your message, so I thought I would check.  Please try this.  Pull out the paper tray and see if there are not one or two small green buttons in the corners of the opening near the left and right corners.  This will release a secondary tray where media sometimes hides and indicates a jam.  The media is hard to find or see.  A tray drops down and the media is above it.  Be sure to push back up before reinserting the media tray.  Since you have an nw and not a duplex machine, I am not sure that the nw includes this tray, but it might be worth a look.  hope it helps, Dovid

I am an HP Employee
I work in Laser Jet Printing ((;-)>
The opinions expressed here are my own and not those of HP. Kudos are always appreciated if I have helped you.
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1019 1015 91 180
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Paper Jam insidw printer

These can be tough to find paper in. If the paper crinkled enough it can be jammed in the fuser and without taking the entire printer apart. I have also seen cases where they get jammed in the bottom. Remove the tray, remove all the toner cartridges and then turn the printer gently ontothe left hand side so that the bottom is facing the side and you can see the entire underside. You can move the duplex tray to down to get in better if you find paper down there.

Find this information helpful? Please click Kudos or tag as solution. I am not an employee of HP but a current field service tech with 20+ years real world experience troubleshooting and fixing HP Imaging hardware.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation