Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HPOfficejet Pro 8100
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Paper tray is stuck in printer at an angle and I can't budge it.

I was getting "no paper" message, although there was paper in the tray.

I pulled it out and put more paper in the tray.

Tried to get it back in and now it is REALLY STUCK...

HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @glencarbonWEST – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums! I’d like to help 🙂

Going through your post, I understand that the paper tray is stuck on your HP printer. Have you installed the optional tray 2 on your printer? The tray 2 is removable and you can remove the tray completely from the printer.

If you are using the tray that is shipped with the printer, try to force the tray back to the printer. Keep the printer on its side and then try moving the tray.

You can find a helpful HP video here: Fixing Your Printer When It Doesn't Pick Up Paper | HP Officejet Pro 8100 Printer | HP

If the issue persists, please contact the HP phone support to get the printer service options:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @glencarbonWEST – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums! I’d like to help 🙂

Going through your post, I understand that the paper tray is stuck on your HP printer. Have you installed the optional tray 2 on your printer? The tray 2 is removable and you can remove the tray completely from the printer.

If you are using the tray that is shipped with the printer, try to force the tray back to the printer. Keep the printer on its side and then try moving the tray.

You can find a helpful HP video here: Fixing Your Printer When It Doesn't Pick Up Paper | HP Officejet Pro 8100 Printer | HP

If the issue persists, please contact the HP phone support to get the printer service options:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Worked for me....turning it on its side was the magic advice!!

Thank you!!

HP Recommended

Hello, @glencarbonWEST

Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂

​​​​​​​Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Glad you were able to get out.. i still cannot do anything on it. got the first tray that the paper is in to print..People keep saying, turn it on and work in inside, no go... çant get shut still. its like the tray is going to break. There is another tray first it all metal. got it out and got it but still can't get paper tray to shut all the way.  It's no going inside and afraid I might break the plastic.  Still don't know what I am going to get this to work correctly.. Can anyone help me please.. IMac computer.

Thanks!!

Kim Thompson
HP Recommended

Turning the printer on its side unlocked the paper tray!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.