Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laser Jet MFP M277c6
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Need to change network settings on printer, forgot/don't know password.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply. You saved the day! I very much appreciate your response and that it worked out fantastically, after a few trys. Thank you again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for visiting HP Support Forum,
The only option is to restore to factory defaults. (This will clear all custom setting and have to reconfigure)

I have sent you a private message with the steps to perform a reset on the printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Support Community

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue .
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply. You saved the day! I very much appreciate your response and that it worked out fantastically, after a few trys. Thank you again.

HP Recommended

For some reason my HP 2542 has started asking for a WPA2 password. I've tried everything I can think of and looked at the forum, where someone suggested printing the configuration page (which I did and it didn't have the password on it). On the printer configuration page it shows an error code: B82D2FBE so I don't know if that is the problem. I have no idea why it has suddenly stopped printing on wireless. Can anybody help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.