Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro M478f-9f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a HP Color LaserJet Pro M478f-9f and when I scan a photo to jpeg the image turns out blurry.  I had a HP Color LaserJet Pro previously and never had this issue. Scanned images always turned out as crisp and clean as the original. 

Any thoughts on what might be wrong? I am not very technical, just a customer that expects to have a product work correctly.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

you should be able to adjust scan resolution through control panel options/scan settings on the control panel.  make sure the scanner glass is clean as well.  

HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time to provide a reply with some options to troubleshoot my issue. Unfortunately they didn't resolve my problem of photos scanning blurry. This is so frustrating as I never had an issue with the previous HP Color LaserJet. I volunteer for an organization that relies on my abilty to provide clean, crisp scanned photos.

HP Recommended

My scans are blurry in general.  I've haven't even tried photos, just text on paper--black and white and color.  I tried it through the paper feeder and then I tried it on the glass--both were blurry.  The text is blurry and the color is extremely faded.  My printed copies look great in black and white and in color, but the scans look awful.  I've never had an issue with HP Laser Jet's scanning ability in the past, so I'm wondering if it's possible to return it.  I just opened the box last week.

HP Recommended

I would return it if I could. I am outside of the return policy timing. I spent over an hour on the phone with HP Support. Had a very nice tech support person who was unable to fix the issue. Ultimately I was told my printer/scanner is not capable of scanning high quality photos.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.