Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Example: HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have had my HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw for 2 years. When I replaced the toner cartridges, I noticed that the color on the printed pages would come out faded on the left side of the paper and then the color would increase to normal across the paper. I originally thought it was the toner cartridges, so I had them replaced, and it is still doing the same thing. I have always used HP toner cartridges. I have contacted HP support, and troubleshooted myself, but I cannot find anything that will fix the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Could be a high voltage issue. The printer is plugged directly into the wall? No surge bar or multi-tap outlet splitter being used?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you Repairatrooper for your response. No, it is not directly plugged into a wall outlet. I have it plugged into a non-surge protector bar that is plugged into a surge protector bar which is plugged into a wall outlet. (After typing that, it sounds bad, yikes!) So you think the printer may have taken a hit? That probably means I need a new printer, right?

HP Recommended

Hi 

Non-surge protector it's not recommended.

When you have a print quality issue and you change the cartridges and problem continue.

I try to check other thing. 

Look under cartridges. There has a belt maybe it is dirty because the tonner. And other situation it is fuser  problem. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.