Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 4250
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I get the following jam error 13.05 for my HP 4250 printer. Any suggestions? It keeps jamming and the paper never feeds through.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Is the printer noisy when it prints? Where exactly does the paper jam? 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended
Yes it makes noise. The paper jams where the toner is.
HP Recommended

The most common severe wear item we see on this series is the fuser drive, which causes the paper to stop at the entrance to the fuser. If you remove the fuser and look at the drive gears on the left-hand side if they are worn and there is debris under the gears this might be the problem. Or you may simply have a bad toner cartridge, but that usually causes a 59.xx.xx error. The fuser drive is called the swing plate, part number RM1-0043-000cn.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

There are 6 things that can cause that problem:

If the paper is accordion folding at the fuser, the fuser’s upper roller sleeve isn’t turning or the main roller isn’t turning. Pull out the fuser and check the blue latches that hold it in. The one on the side of the gears may have broken if it is an older fuser and doesn’t have the metal reinforced latch. Replace the latch if broken. Manually rotate the fuser gear and watch the rollers to make sure they’re turning consistently, if not, replace the fuser.

If the latch is OK, then it could be worn main drive gears. You should have heard or currently hear gears grinding or slipping. You’ll have to replace the fuser swing gear drive assy.

If you get a blank page coming through after 1 or more pages make it through, or a page is slightly piggy backed on the first page, your pickup solenoid is probably sticking. Remove the right side cover and pull out the solenoid that is toward the front of the printer to clean off the small foam pad and adhesive from both the flapper and the main solenoid body. Cover those parts with scotch tape to prevent the metal pieces from touching each other and trim off excess around metal.

Check your feed and separation (the one in the tray) rollers. If they are smooth or old and discolored, they should be replaced.

It could be the registration assy. Most notably the registration gate that flips up as paper goes through. The plastic pieces will get little paper cuts that the paper will catch on. Replace the registration assy. or undo/remove the spring on the right side and manually flip the gate all the way back where it should stick out of the way. Also, the rubber rollers may be dirty and slipping on the paper – try cleaning them.

A bad toner cartridge could also cause this, but is very rare. Make sure your transfer roller that sits below it is in good shape and is turning easily.

Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.